Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
This role is part of the Business Services team and is responsible for the provision of Financial Services to the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria, including the management of the Assembly’s’ monthly preparation of management accounts, Financial Accounting year end processes, Asset Reporting, General Ledger integrity, Payroll and Budget Management.
The position includes a range of statutory and stakeholder reporting, financial analysis and knowledge sharing activities providing technical accounting/finance advice and support across the Assembly.
Your previous experience and skill set includes:
- Demonstrated experience in implementing financial policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of financial concepts including invoice management, procurement, payroll, and budget management.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey and provide authoritative advice to CEO, Management, and assembly with varying levels of financial literacy.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage own workload and priorities.
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify potential issues and make considered recommendations for issue resolution.
- Excellent computer literacy skills and demonstrated ability using Xero, Business Systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work autonomously and be driven to achieve results with an attention to detail.
- Ability to read general ledger transactions with confidence and with an eye for detail.
- Demonstrated experience with BAS reporting and lodgements.
- Demonstrated experience with vehicle fleet management.
- Demonstrated experience with payroll requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with all relevant stakeholders.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to email@example.com.
Salary range: $85,000-$97,000 per annum.
Applications close Tuesday 2 June 2021.
To download the PDF Position Description, click here.