Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
This role is responsible for managing and coordinating governance processes across the organisation, including the Assembly Chamber (meeting of Members), the Board of Directors and Assembly Committees. This role will also lead the monitoring and compliance of governance aligned with the Assembly Constitution, legislation, policy, procedures, and best practice.
Your previous experience and skill set includes:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities.
- Passionate about being part of cultural change and policy reform for Aboriginal people in Victoria.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong and effective relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Strong working knowledge of corporate compliance and risk management frameworks, including reporting and other regulatory requirements.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to deal with complex and sensitive matters.
- Exceptional relationship management skills.
- Sound understanding and ensuring the company complies with its statutory obligations, ensuring requirements of ACNC, ASIC and other regulators are met, including continuous disclosure.
- Exceptional organisational, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of governance and compliance in the corporate, community or public sector.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience mandatory.
- Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary range: $121,000-$162,000 per annum.
Applications close Sunday 30 May 2021.
To download the PDF Position Description, click here.