This is an Aboriginal Designated Position, classified under ‘special measures’ of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
This is an exciting opportunity, which is part of the governance team. The governance structure includes the Assembly Chamber (meeting of all Members), the Board of Directors and four Committees.
Reporting to the Governance Manager, this role is responsible for supporting the governance operations of the Assembly by assisting with Assembly Chamber business, Board business, Committee business.
Your previous experience and skill set includes
- Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities
- Ability to deal with sensitive and complex matters.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Passionate about being part of cultural change and policy reform for Aboriginal people in Victoria.
- Experience in the area of governance and compliance in the corporate, community or public sector is desirable.
- Degree or diploma qualified or equivalent experience desirable.
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to email@example.com.
Salary range: $85,000-$97,000 per annum.
Applications close Wednesday 2 June 2021
To download the PDF Position Description, click here.