Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
Short term opportunity working closely with both the Engagement and Communications Teams, you will lead the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria’s (the Assembly) work to build our independent electoral roll, boost the Assembly’s name, brand recognition, develop a partnership strategy and develop engagement and communications materials for our elected Members and our Engagement team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated campaign experience, preferably in First Peoples or human rights/social justice campaigns
- Worked in previous communications or media roles, 5-10+ years experience preferred
- Ability to work across multiple teams and communication and engagement platforms including establishment of CRM capabilities
- Experience managing a team to achieve a result
- Highly motivated and a self-starter, ability to work to tight timeframes
Reports: Head of Engagement
Apply now by submitting a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm Monday 14 June 2021.