The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone. Walk with us and make history!
You will be providing administrative support to office and regional staff at the Assembly. Reporting to the Manager of Business Services, you will be the first point of call for inbound inquiries from Members and the general public, data entry, minute-taking, organising small events and general administration duties as required.
Your previous experience and skill set includes:
• Experience working with the Aboriginal Community;
• Strong administrative experience;
• Confidence using the Microsoft suite of applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Great attention to detail;
• An articulate phone manner;
• Exposure to event organisation;
• Great time management and the ability to multi-task;
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Salary range: $68,000 – $84,000