Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
The Business Services Officer role provides operational support and research and advice on administrative systems, policies and procedures for staff management, financial planning, and facilities management.
Reporting to the Business Services Manager, the Business Services Officer supports the Business Services Team which is responsible for finance, people management, property management, asset management, risk management, IT systems, fleet management and other forms of corporate and Assembly Member support.
Your previous experience and skill set includes
- Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities
- Respectful and collegiate approach to work, and to community members
- Demonstrated administrative support experience
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to meet tight deadlines and comfortable working in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Take a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to be tactful with sensitive matters and retain confidentiality.
- Sound verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with the MS Office suite
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary range: $68,884-$83,640 per annum.
Applications close Sunday 14 February 2021.