Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
The Executive Assistant provides high level executive support to the Assembly Co-Chairs and CEO, managing challenging diaries and exercising judgement to quickly identify emerging issues.
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant supports the Co-Chairs and CEO to deliver the Assembly’s priorities.
Your previous experience and skill set includes
- Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities
- Respectful and collegiate approach to work, and to community members
- Demonstrated experience as an executive assistant, or other relevant administrative support experience
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to meet tight deadlines and comfortable working in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- High level verbal and written communications skills
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to email@example.com.
Salary range: $85,000-$97,000 per annum.
Applications close Sunday 22 November.