Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
This role will play a key role in the implementation of key projects across the Assembly. The Executive Projects and Policy Officer will be responsible for managing projects, developing project scopes, designing, and implementing projects. This role will also be responsible for the development of high-quality strategic advice for the Chief Executive Officer and the Assembly Leadership team.
Your previous experience and skill set includes
- Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities
- Respectful and collegiate approach to work, and to community members
- Demonstrated experience in producing detailed project plans
- Demonstrated experience in providing high level strategic support to the Executive or Leadership Team
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to meet tight deadlines and comfortable working in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- Develop and maintain overall project plan and calendar
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- MS Office suite
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary range: $98,000-$120,000 per annum.
Applications close Friday 19 March 2021.