Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
We are recruiting for a Senior Communications Adviser, who will be responsible for leading a small team.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Senior Communications Adviser is responsible for the creation and the implementation of the media and social media strategy to support the engagement of Community Members.
In addition, this role will be responsible for the development of both internal publications for Assembly members and external communication to the broader Aboriginal Community and general public.
Your previous experience and skill set includes:
- Proven leadership skills
- Leading to the development of the media and social media support
- Driving the development and implementation of a media and social media program
- The provision of advice and guidance around communication best practice
- Demonstrated experience developing social media content and campaigns, and maintaining social media channels
- Managing the creation and delivery multi-media content such as audio and/or video
- Working to challenging deadlines
- Strong influencing skills
- Conceptual thinking
- The ability to synthesise complex information and communicate it simply and effectively
- Being a creative problem solver
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to email@example.com.
Salary range: $98,000-$120,000 per annum.
Applications close Sunday 16 May 2021.
To download the PDF Position Description, click here.