Senior Community Engagement Adviser
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone. Walk with us and make history!
The Community Engagement team at the Assembly is responsible for servicing and connecting the Assembly to Communities and assisting Members to engage. This includes the planning and development of a regional engagement strategy, media and social media support and keeping Community informed about Treaties and the progress of the Assembly.
Reporting to the Head of Community Engagement and leading a mid-sized team, the Senior Community Engagement Adviser is responsible for the creation and the implementation of the Community engagement strategy.
In addition, this will involve significant consultation with Members of the Assembly and the Communities they represent.
Your previous experience and skill set includes:
• Planning, managing and driving a team to deliver a complex Community engagement strategy;
• The provision of strategic advice and guidance around Community engagement;
• Demonstrated management of relationships across Aboriginal Communities and the Aboriginal Community Controlled sector;
• Managing and developing an effective team, including having led a remote team;
• Working to challenging deadlines;
• Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities;
• A collaborative and respectful approach;
• Strong influencing skills;
• Conceptual thinking;
• The ability to synthesise complex information and communicate it simply and effectively; and
• Being a creative problem solver.
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Salary range: $98,000 – $120,000