The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
Whilst responsible to the CEO, the Strategic Adviser will have direct day-to-day reporting to and dedicated working role supporting the Co-Chairs of the Assembly as they engage with Communities across Victoria.
You will provide strategic advice on emerging issues impacting on Community engagement about Treaties.
You will proactively anticipate the requirements of the Co-Chairs and coordinate resourcing support to assist to meet the demands of their elected positions.
As an integral part of the Office of the CEO, you will interact regularly with Assembly Members, and be a focal point of contact for them.
Your previous experience and skill set includes:
- Being well organised;
- The ability to deal with a fast paced work environment with continually changing priorities;
- Strong understanding of both Community and government political environments;
- Collaboration, both internally and externally, in a respectful and supportive way;
- Demonstrated management of relationships at a senior level across a number of key stakeholders;
- Working to challenging deadlines;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities; and
- Being a creative problem solver.
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org . Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Applications close Friday 1 May 2020 (c.o.b.)