This is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Designated Position, classified under ‘special measures’ of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the Treaty process. Assembly members are First Peoples, elected by First Peoples for First Peoples to advance their rights, interests and benefits.
The Assembly is establishing the architecture for Treaties, which will recognise the sovereignty of First Peoples in Victoria, support self-determination, and realise human rights, to make Victoria fairer for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
Reporting to the Campaigns and Communications Manager, this role is responsible for the implementation of social media strategies, including content creation, which align with the objectives of the Assembly. To be successful in this role you will have at least three years’ experience working in a communications role where managing social media accounts and digital platforms was a key part of your responsibilities.
Your duties will include assisting with the development of relevant digital communications strategies and tactics, daily monitoring and posting to social media channels, overseeing advertising across the Assembly’s channels, creating engaging graphics and digital assets, general assistance with digital housekeeping and website upkeep, copywriting for digital platforms and assisting with general online and offline campaigning to build support for the Treaty process in Victoria.
You will be passionate about the self-determination of First Peoples with a commitment to the values of the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria.
Your previous experience and skill set includes:
- Knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal communities
- Detailed understanding of various social media platforms
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong digital graphic design skills
- Confidence with various applications such as web publishing tools and customer relations management systems
- Ability to navigate contested or politically sensitive spaces with nuanced, strategic messaging
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and creatively problem solve
- Intermediate to advanced skills in print design
- Intermediate to advanced skills in photography and/or video production
- Experience working on political or social justice campaigns
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this role, please contact Jasmine Yarran on: 0428 323 480 or via email at email@example.com
Applications close: Friday 15 October 2021.
To download a PDF Position Description, follow the link below.