The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone. Walk with us and make history!
The Policy and research team is responsible for the provision of expert advice and analysis to support Assembly members in their roles advancing the treaty process. The Manager will lead a small team responsible for providing project and policy advice as well as high level support to the leadership team. This includes supporting the delivery of core Assembly services whilst identifying and managing emerging risks and challenges.
The Manager will support a high performing team responsible for conducting research, analysis, and serve in a project management capacity to support the development of policies. This includes providing written and verbal advice to the CEO, Co-Chairs, Board, committees and Members.
The Manager will ensure their team works closely with the Assembly’s Engagement and Communications teams to ensure the coordination of activity and that advice to the Assembly is informed by both expert analysis and community input.
Your previous experience and skill set includes
- Proven leadership skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities
- Experience in stakeholder management and solid relationship management skills
- Demonstrated people management capabilities
- An understanding of Government decision making processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Victorian Government legal and policy requirements
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of strategic policy advice and guidance or project management
- Working to challenging deadlines
- A collaborative and respectful approach
- Being a creative problem solver
- Solid influencing skills
- Conceptual thinking
- The ability to synthesise complex information and communicate it simply and effectively
- Relevant degree qualified or equivalent experience
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
For more information about this role the is available in the Position Description here.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to email@example.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.