Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone.
Walk with us and make history!
We are recruiting for a Policy Officer, who will be responsible for providing project and policy advice and support to the leadership team. This includes supporting the delivery of core Assembly services whilst identifying emerging risks and challenges.
Reporting to the Policy Manager, the Policy Officer will conduct research, analysis and serve in a project management capacity to support the development of policies. While providing written and verbal advice to the CEO, Co-Chairs and the Management team of the Assembly, you will also support the Assembly team across all its work.
Your previous experience and skill set includes
- Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities
- An understanding of Government decision making processes
- Previous experience in the provision of strategic policy advice and guidance
- Demonstrated management of relationships
- Working to challenging deadlines
- A collaborative and respectful approach
- Being a creative problem solver
- Solid influencing skills
- Conceptual thinking
- The ability to synthesise complex information and communicate it simply and effectively
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- MS Office suite
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to email@example.com.
Salary range: $85,000-$97,000 per annum.
Applications close Sunday 14 March 2021.