Senior Communications Adviser
The First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria (the Assembly) is the voice of Aboriginal people in Victoria in the next stage of the Treaty process. It is made up of Victorian Traditional Owners, elected by Aboriginal Communities, for Aboriginal Communities, to advance our rights, interests and benefits.
Our mandate is to work with the State to establish Treaty processes that recognise our sovereignty as the First Peoples of Victoria, support self-determination, and realise our human rights, to make Victoria stronger for everyone. Walk with us and make history!
The Community Engagement team at the Assembly is responsible for servicing and connecting the Assembly to Communities and assisting Members to engage. This includes the planning and development of a regional engagement strategy, media and social media support and keeping Community informed about Treaties and the progress of the Assembly.
Reporting to the Head of Community Engagement and leading a small team, the Senior Communications Adviser is responsible for the creation and the implementation of the media and social media strategy to support the engagement of Community Members.
In addition, this role will be responsible for the development of both internal publications for Assembly members and external communication to the broader Aboriginal Community and general public.
Your previous experience and skill set includes:
• Planning, managing and driving a team to deliver a media and social media program with respect to complex Community engagement;
• The provision of strategic advice and guidance around communication;
• Demonstrated management of relationships across Aboriginal Communities and the Aboriginal Community Controlled sector;
• Working to challenging deadlines;
• Comprehensive knowledge of Victorian Aboriginal Communities;
• A collaborative and respectful approach;
• Strong influencing skills;
• Conceptual thinking;
• The ability to synthesise complex information and communicate it simply and effectively; and
• Being a creative problem solver.
Join an environment where you will be immersed in Aboriginal culture and get to work with Communities across Victoria.
Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org . Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.