Have your say – Enrol with the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria today

Treaty is about having the freedom and power to make the decisions that affect us and our community – and that starts now.

By enrolling to vote you get to choose the people who will best represent your views on the journey to Treaty. There’s also strength in numbers – with more and more mob joining the Assembly’s electoral roll, it sends a clear message that we’re serious about securing meaningful change to improve the lives of our people.


If you are 16 years old or over and a Traditional Owner of Country in Victoria – living either in Victoria or interstate, or an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who has lived in Victoria for at least three of the last five years, you can enrol with the Assembly to have your say in our elections.

If you need assistance with your enrolment, please contact us via:
Email: enrolments@firstpeoplesvic.org
Phone: 1800 TREATY (1800 873 289)

Our electoral roll is exactly that – ours. It’s made by Aboriginal people for Aboriginal people and is completely independent from government.

How to enrol to vote

To submit a valid enrolment, you’ll need to:

Complete an application form by post or online

Provide proof of your name, date of birth and current address

If you’re living interstate, you’ll need to verify that you’re a Traditional Owner of Country in Victoria.

Sign your form

Enrol to vote by post

You can download and post your enrolment form to us or, request that a form be sent to you via:
Email: enrolments@firstpeoplesvic.org
Phone: 1800 TREATY (1800 873 289).

Please choose the form that best suits your situation

Submit your form via post to:

PO Box 4218
Fitzroy, Victoria 3065

Enrol to vote online

This online application form for enrolment is for those who live in Victoria.

If you are a Victorian Traditional Owner who is living outside of Victoria or are in prison, homeless, in out-of-home care, in the armed forces or wish to enrol as a silent voter, please enrol via post here.

Application form for enrolment for those who live in Victoria